Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Browse through this page to learn about our policies here at MOVING ETC.
Policies and Limits of Liabilities
Policies and Limits of Liabilities
1. The customer or a representative must be present for move and final walk through unless otherwise agreed upon.
2. We will quilt and shrink wrap all your furniture.
3. We will maintain a good attitude.
4. We will do our best to make you a happy customer but please trust that with experience we might know how to better handle the move at hand.
5. All non-furniture items must be boxed in order to be moved. We will not move unboxed items unless agreed upon prior to the move. This includes, but is not limited to, TVs, electronics, lamps, pictures and art.
6. We are not responsible for items packed by customers unless the damage is a direct result of our negligence. If you have fragile items that you are worried about, we suggest you have us pack those items.
7. Please do NOT pack jewelry, money, important papers, medicines, valuables or items of extraordinary value because we are not required to, nor will we be, responsible for them.
8. We will not be responsible for any items of extraordinary value, unless otherwise agreed upon.
9. We will move furniture with items in the drawers, but we will not be responsible for loss of or damage to items in the drawers. Therefore, we suggest you remove all valuables, breakables and loose items from them. If the furniture is fragile or unstable, we suggest that you remove all items from the drawers.
10. We will disassemble and reassemble furniture when necessary for safe transport.
11. We will place all the furniture in the rooms to your specifications.
12. We suggest if your new home has hardwood floors that you provide felt for the bottoms of the furniture. If you provide felt, we will place the felt on the furniture before it is placed in the room.
13. We will disconnect your appliances as a convenience only. We are not plumbers or electricians; therefore, we cannot be responsible for the connections. We suggest you get caps to cover supply lines at the location from which you move. We require you provide new water supply lines in order to have the appliances reconnected.
14. We will move refrigerators and freezers but require that they be emptied beforehand.
15. We will move empty aquariums, but, as they are glass and are not well suited for moving, we will not be responsible for them.
16. We will move your waterbed at your request, but we are not waterbed technicians so we can’t be responsible for damages. We will do our best to carefully disassemble and reassemble the bed to the best of our ability.
17. We will move your Sleep number bed.
18. We will move your grand or up-right piano.
19. We reserve the right to reschedule your move due to inclement weather without liability, but we will do our best to work with you on such unpredictable ccasions.
20. We have the right to limit our day to 12 hours.
21. We will not take trucks off road or up or down steep driveways. If you live at this type of location, please let us know ahead of time so we can develop an appropriate plan. For example, we may need to have a Van to shuttle belongings. The clock will run while we position the truck and if time is lost because the truck gets stuck due to circumstances not directly caused by Moving Etc.
22. We will not perform anything we feel is unsafe, as our safety and yours is paramount. This includes, but is not limited to, crossing unfloored attics and entering unsafe crawl spaces.
23. We will hoist items over balconies or rails only if agreed upon ahead of time.
24. We ask that you keep pets and children clear of our workspace for our safety and theirs.
25. We do not move flammable materials.
26. Aged, brittle possessions are sometimes not well-suited for moving. We will move brittle items with the utmost care, but we cannot be responsible for any resulting damage. This can happen due to many factors, including temperature fluctuations, dry rotting, water damage, or simply as a byproduct of age.
27. Press-board or particle board have poor structural design, which makes it unfriendly to moving. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for these items, but we will do our best to carefully move them.
28. Unless otherwise agreed upon prior to your move, our liability for damages to your items is limited to $.60 per pound. For instance, if your dresser weighs 100 pounds, it would be covered at, $60 which is in accordance with state regulations.
29. We have the right to choose whether to repair or replace any damaged items.
30. We will not be responsible for any damage to property or items due to un-routine moving situations, including, but not limited to, standing furniture on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work area, difficult stairways, or any stairs that are not straight up and down, snags and sharp edges in work areas or door ways, handing furniture over balconies or railings, tight squeezes, and damages due to weather. We will inform you of these situations as they arise.
31. We will not be responsible for plants, but we will move them if agreed upon prior to move.
32. When moving over-sized items, we will not be responsible for damages that are a direct result of doing so. This includes, but is not limited to, scuffs, indentions, etc. This applies to items such as armoires, pianos, sofas, etc.
33. Once we place your possessions into your storage facility, we are no longer liable for those items or any damage that may occur from that point on.
34. Once we place your possessions into your rental truck, we are no longer liable for those items or any damage that may occur from that point on.
35. Your estimate is an estimate, unless otherwise guaranteed. We do our best to get the job done in the estimated time and cost. But the actual cost of the move will be based upon the actual time, materials and trucks needed to complete your move.